QUIK digest for the fourth quarter of 2021
Dear users of ARQA Technologies software products, we would like to offer to your attention the digest of the main changes in QUIK products made in the fourth quarter of 2021.
ARQA Technologies took part in the 13th annual International Derivatives Expo (IDX) conference and exhibition held in London. The company presented at its booth the products and solutions which always attract interest of foreign partners: the QUIK trading platform, QUIK OMS system, line of RISQ solutions for online pre-trade operations control, and the FX Dealing system which provides brokers’ clients with access to FX instruments.
New Versions of Software
For the full list of changes in QUIK software products, see the News on the company’s website.
- The interface supports changes on the Exchange’s Securities market which came into force on December 6, 2021.
- There is a new trading mode for foreign securities with settlements in euros.
- It has become possible to choose the company’s code when sending a transaction.
- An option was added to work in the anonymous negotiated deal mode and not disclose information on the counterparty’s company.
- Orders can be reported to the OTC trade report receiving system.
- The ‘Free of Payment’ calculation type is supported for orders with execution on the NSD’s platform.
Improvements in both interfaces:
- there is a functionality for setting a trading session schedule,
- there is an option to register orders with a feature of automatic order cancellation in case of a break in session between the Interface and the trading system.
Additionally, in the Saint-Petersburg Exchange trading interface (Foreign securities market), Russian shares, traded in US dollars in a standard mode and negotiated and REPO modes, were divided into separate classes.
- The interface acquired an option to set more than one connection to the Exchange trading system for market data and transactions.
- There is a functionality to change a password for exchange IDs in use.
News and Market Data Interfaces
The version works with spot instruments of Bolsas y Mercados Españoles (BME).
The interface works with the XETRA market.
The module supports new message types via API:
- a notification that a client started a support chat for the first time in a trading day,
- a notification that the client started the chat but did not send a message,
- an indicator to see when a text is being typed by the client.
It has become possible to transmit data on the client (full name, login, phone, phone for SMS, email) via API from the QUIK server.
The changes in the support service chat window are as follows:
- the ‘Answers’ button was added which opens a list of standard messages for clients with a possibility to set their content,
- there are notifications about new requests and messages in the chat for a group of specialists,
- it is possible to select and copy data on the client by using a context menu or hot keys.
Innovations in the client’s chat window:
- there are notifications about new messages and a number of unread messages,
- a dividing line between the dialogue window and the text input field has become brighter (for better delimitation of areas in the light theme of the interface).
- Optimization of processing of instructions for cash as well as of cash positions for the derivatives market during automatic execution.
- New statuses for non-trade instructions: REGISTERING and REJECTED.
- A possibility to always fill in payment details in the ‘Payment purpose’ field when using SWIFT details.
- A possibility to ban entry of non-Latin symbols when manually filling in the SWIFT details.
- A ban for clients to fill in a conversion rate when signing the instruction; now only broker’s employees are authorized to sign instructions.
- An option to view the execution history of the non-trade instruction in the Instructions table.
There is an expanded functionality to work with templates in the OMS order exchange execution form:
- it has become possible to save in templates values of such fields as an exchange execution class, market order feature, client (tradebook) code, and a trading account,
- an option was added to display saved templates in the form of buttons in the bottom panel of the OMS orders table.
There are improvements in the OMS orders grouping functionality:
- an option was added to separately execute grouped OMS orders,
- users with Sales and Sales-Trader roles now can group OMS orders with the ‘Expired’ status, which allows forming one general booking trade for several OMS orders processed on the previous day.
It has become possible to control an employee vacation/absence schedule during execution of the following operations:
- a choice of a Sales/Trader in the form of an OTC trade or a booking trade,
- a choice of a user for automatic execution and automatic booking of the OMS order.
Other innovations of the version:
- a mode to limit OMS orders can be set on the QUIK server and filtered by OMS classes,
- support is provided for separate control of the maximum deviation of the price at OMS order registration and the OMS order execution price from the market price,
- to work on the Moscow Exchange Derivatives Market, there is support for execution of OMS orders with expiration dates,
- it has become possible to specify the rounding accuracy of a settlement price in the booking trade form,
- the OMS order execution form allows setting a cross rate’s direction by default,
- there is a functionality which fills in parameters in the OMS order execution form to specify a type and execution terms of the exchange order,
- an original trade exchange number is now placed in OMS trades,
- there is support for transmission of a new instrument parameter: ‘Complex financial product type’.
- The one-way OTC reporting functionality acquired a mode which generates an OTC order for the total amount of the first exchange execution and intramodular execution of a non-multiple balance.
- Users with manager rights can send a transaction to cover an intramodular position.
- Now the system can notify that the intramodular position has exceeded a threshold number of lots to cover.
This version allows setting limits on order submission in cases when quotes are not updated during a preset period because of lost connection with any of the data sources. In this case, the Module suspends the publishing of market data and reception of new orders until delivery of data from all resources is recovered.
- The system supports new ‘30E+/360’ and ‘30/360 ISDA’ basis types to calculate ACI for bonds.
- In the ‘Working with broker quotes’ mode, only broker orders are forwarded to the Level II Quotes table if the client code in the transaction coincides with the code specified in the ‘Manager code’ field.
- It is possible to ban execution of negotiated REPO operations if a settlement date of the REPO order exceeds a register fixation date, a coupon payment date, a par value amortization date for bonds or an ex-dividend date for shares.
- It has become possible to increase the allocation size (with the initial order volume as a limit) and set it in lots (summarily for all clients) or as a percentage of forwarded orders’ volume.
- Now it is possible to set a minimum allocation size for the instrument. After calculation of the allocation size, the maximum value is chosen between the minimum set value and the calculated quantity.
- The minimum coupon rate in the instrument parameters is no longer used as a limit: if the rate specified in the placement order is less than the minimum rate and less than or equal to the maximum one, the order will be registered and resent to the Trading system.
- The module has an improved functionality to resend orders by volume. If the order’s volume, including when allocated, is not multiple of the offering price, the order is not cancelled but resent to the trading system for a maximum available volume which does not exceed the volume set by the client.
- A new mode was added, which resends orders to the trading system at a price not exceeding the offering price.
- If the broker’s specialist has not performed allocation by the time the orders are sent to the exchange, it will be performed by the Module automatically.
- An option was added to specify a date prior to which the instrument for placement stays active. The instruments with expired activity periods will not be uploaded by the Module at its start.
- It has become possible to transmit a new instrument type: ‘Complex financial product type’.
- The Module has a modified architecture:
– the module’s own database was added for storing settings and operational data,
– gateway connection to the QUIK server was implemented which is used by the Module for transmission of a technological class and classes for fixing trades in the settlement currency to the server,
– the Module is able to generate orders and trades in a target currency, forward them to the QUIK server, and process auxiliary data needed for conversion.
- This version works with fractional numbers of FX instruments.
Improvements in both interfaces:
- in encryption settings, it has become possible to set a list of certificate names and a list of certificate serial numbers for which the incoming TLS connection is allowed,
- an option was added to register negotiated deal orders by volume which are available in PSAU/PSSU placement classes on the Moscow Exchange Securities Market,
- the Execution Report message now transmits:
– an exchange order ID for orders of the Bookbuilding module,
– information on the liquidity pool in which an order in the Saint-Petersburg Exchange trading interface (Foreign securities market) was executed,
- a message requesting an instrument directory (SecurityDefinition) has an extended format to transmit new ‘Complex financial product type’ and ‘Instrument execution date’ parameters.
In addition, the FIX adapter program interface allows specifying the ‘GiveUpBroker’ field during the registration of a new OMS order.
- An option was added to export the Portfolio table when changing cash positions or positions in instruments.
- The module has a significantly extended list of transmitted parameters in the AlgoOrders table.
There are improvements to work with charts:
- an option was added for quick building of a yield chart in the context menu of the Quotes table,
- the ‘Magnet’ mode implemented in the version 9.2 is now supported for horizontal levels on the chart.
For all questions on operation of QUIK software, please contact QUIK Technical Support Team: +7-383-2191606, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Print versionDownload PDF
Back to list