Report generation module
This module allows QUIK workstation users to request broker reports, and generating reports on the server with their display on the user’s screen.
- Storing information on trades, orders, contingent orders, market prices, positions, and limits in the module database.
- Importing additional data into the module database from the broker’s back office or other internal broker’s systems*.
- Forming reports upon QUIK users’ requests according to templates set by the broker based on collected information; displaying the reports in the user terminal.
- Transmitting files (for example, official reports of the broker) to QUIK users’ workstations*.
* Not possible when the module is used as a managed service.
- The Report generation module comprises an additional component of the QUIK workstation and additional QUIK server applications — Reports server and Data Export module, administration tools, and a database for storing archives of collected information.
- In addition to the servicing of the report generation system, which is the principal purpose of the archives, they can be otherwise used by the company/bank, as they represent the history of its clients’ operations and can serve for various analytic procedures.
- The Data Export module operating in the automatic mode supplies current data from the trading system to the information archives. The administrator workstation allows editing this information as well as importing additional data, e.g., commissions not related to trading, etc. If necessary, separate software can be used for import of additional information from the back office into the database in the automatic mode.
- The Reports server is a separate module connected to the QUIK server. Upon request from the QUIK workstation, it sends information about the list of available reports and their parameters.
- The QUIK workstation shows the list of available reports as one item in the main menu. After selecting one of these reports, the user enters report parameters and sends a request to the QUIK server. The QUIK server checks the user’s authorization and relays the request to the Reports server.
- The Reports server starts generation of a report in accordance with the parameters selected by the user. The archives database is searched for required information. Then, the information is converted into HTML using the template prepared by the broker, and transmitted from the QUIK server to the user workstation where the report can be printed or viewed online. Once the report appears on the user’s display, the system considers that the report is delivered and read.
- The Report generation module enables transmission of various files to the clients, for example, broker reports for a given period. If the user receives such reports, for example, when the QUIK workstation connects to the server, the user also receives a notification about new documents. The notification delivery is also recorded in the system. This function can be used to arrange electronic document flow between the broker and the client (if a digital signature is used).
- The Reports server allows setting schedules for automated procedures, for example, for calculation of the broker’s daily commission according to the parameters set in the QUIK server. If the broker uses the Non-Trade Instructions module, the Reports server can be integrated with the database of the module to include information about non-trade instructions into the generated reports.
- Various reports for different client categories.
- Adjustment of report forms. Standard report templates can be modified upon the broker’s request.
- Additional reports for internal purposes of the broker.
- Additional report templates upon the broker’s request.
Hardware and Software Requirements
Processor Intel Xeon Gold 5118 or better,
2 GB RAM,
20 GB available hard disk space.
OS Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 (x64).
DBMS Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016.
|Purchase||Managed services / System backup||Hosting||Testing|