QUIK digest for the fourth quarter of 2018
Dear users of software products from ARQA Technologies, we would like to offer for your attention the digest of the main changes introduced in QUIK products and events that took place in the fourth quarter of 2018.
New versions of software
For the full list of changes in QUIK software products, see the News on the company’s website.
To extend capabilities of trading in currencies (incl. cryptocurrency), improvements in the QUIK Software Package were made that allow operating with fractional cash values that exceed two digits after the decimal point (the allowed range covers up to 8 digits). Corresponding changes were made in the following software: QUIK Server, QUIK Workstation, Cross currency rates forming module, QUIK Matching Engine (marked by ‘*’ below).
The new program interface of Centralized system for record keeping and distributing Unit Investment Trust units (NSD) provides investors with execution of operations to buy, sell, and exchange investment units, issued by management companies, via QUIK terminals.
Support of changes in the Moscow Exchange FX market trading system that came into force on 03 December 2018. In particular, a new trading mode ‘MOEX Currency: OTC Market’ was added, which is used to execute OTC trades with liquidity providers and NCC as a central counterparty.
- Support of changes in the Moscow Exchange Securities Market trading system that came into force on 03 December 2018. This improvement includes transactions to reject execution of negotiated trades and optional order of the table ‘Interest risk parameters’ only for records with the ‘Base point’ feature.
- The problem was solved for transmitting positions with the same code from Moscow Exchange Securities and FX Markets by adding a prefix to the ‘Description’ parameter of the ‘Account positions’ table.
- Processing of orders which are executed by the exchange trading system on several external trading venues.
- Support of operations of currency conversion.
- Informing users on settlement codes used to trade instruments.
- There is an extended functionality to modify instrument codes, which allows replacing codes not of all instruments of the class but of a particular instrument.
- Transmission of Level 1 Quotes from BATS BZX Exchange markets (NASDAQ, NYSE).
- Support of the Bloomberg Single B-pipe service to reduce transmission price of Bloomberg market data by means of connection via the Internet (with the maximum subscription up to 500 instruments).
Provision of market data feed from the Borsa Italiana equity market.
Support of the Eurex derivatives market.
There are improvements in ergonomics of non-trade instructions forms:
- filtering only available venues when choosing the currency,
- an automatic choice of a client code after a venue code is chosen (if a broker matched venues with clients),
- a possibility to define the order of venues in the list when entering an instruction,
- diagnostics of entry forms for cases of filling errors,
- an automatic choice of a correct venue to write off commissions for instructions for securities.
The main changes in the module relate to the functionality of OMS orders and trades:
- A capability was added for reporting to a FIX client trades linked to an OMS order as one aggregated trade for their total amount.
- The table of linked OMS trades assumed a two-level tree-like structure. When selecting several trades the table now shows their total and average values.
- When replacing an OMS order, linked working orders are processed by means of the dialogue window suggesting possible options:
- to cancel all linked working orders,
- to remain all linked orders unchanged as before,
- to alter linked working orders in line with changed price and volume of the OMS order.
- The table of OMS orders allows listing in the table only those OMS orders that fall in a desired period of registration.
- Support of operations with cash values that exceed two digits after the decimal point.
- An option to work with investment units (use of orders with fractional numbers of instruments).
- A new instrument subtype for the ‘Federal bond’.
- Generation of a trading calendar for a chosen currency.
- Calculation and transmission of parameters ‘Weighted average execution price’ and ‘Filled volume’ for the order table.
- Cross trade checks for derivative market instruments.
Innovations in the module include:
- execution of conversion operations for FX instruments with ‘cent/kopeck’ accuracy (for the EES1 and EES2 algorithms),
- price accuracy for EES instruments including up to 12 decimal figures,
- the EES1 algorithm supports separate order execution within the module and in an external liquidity source when lot volume of the EES instrument is less than of the exchange instrument,
- a possibility to set several linkages for the same exchange instrument allows changing spread settings for the EES instrument on schedule.
- Support of operations with fractional cash values that exceed two digits after the decimal point.
- A possibility to select arbitrary table areas and copy them to the clipboard.
- Removal of the restriction on number of conditions from dialogues of user filters and conditional formatting for all columns of all tables (various filters and colors of tables are available).
- Appearing of a pop-up tooltip after a mouse cursor is placed on the table box if the latter does not display all information.
- Redesign of the application.
- Support of full compatibility with tablet PCs.
- New options of authorization: access with TouchID and FaceID, two-factor authorization RADIUS.
- Improved ergonomics for displaying graphs.
- Use of a drop-down list in the ‘Portfolio’ tab with parameters selected by the user.
- A possibility to reverse quotes display (change sides of bid/offer).
- A possibility to select names for client codes.
- A number of ergonomic changes introduced in order and alert services.
Support of operations with fractional cash values that exceed two digits after the decimal point.
There are a number of improvements in the limit calculation library:
- two new settings in the ‘By discounts’ scheme for position keeping: taking account/no account of non-margin currencies in collateral; activation/deactivation of margin check for operations that reduce multidirectional currency positions with the same discount,
- an option banning any operations that change positions by currency with a not explicitly downloaded cash position,
- an option that in some cases allows reducing volume of funds reserved for an order,
- an option for specifying an operation direction and maximum REPO period in the functionality to allow/ban counterparties and settlement codes for REPO/negotiated trades.
- setting of a list of allowed trading accounts for a specified user (in addition to a list of banned trading accounts).
There are improvements in the QUIK Administrator software:
- linkage of one domain login to several QUIK users when using authentication of the ‘Active Directory’ type (by name and password stored in the network domain-controller).
- saving of settings for filtering, sorting, and conditional formatting after closing modal dialogues ‘List of users’, ‘List of organizations’, ‘Choice of instrument class’, and ‘Choice of news agencies’, and their automatic appliance next time a dialogue of the same type is opened,
- an operation confirmation window pops up when importing user rights (reducing the risk of copying user rights by mistake).
- the search dialogue is not automatically closed after finding the first value, making it possible to resume the search.
ARQA Technologies together with the Belarusian currency and stock exchange (BCSE) held a seminar in Minsk ‘Access to trading at the BCSE via QUIK software complex: business cases for trading participants’. This seminar was the first event held by the company for professional financial market participants of the Republic of Belarus. About 80 representatives of banks and financial companies took part in the seminar.
The series of webinars ‘QUIK from developer’ jointly organized by MOEX School and ARQA Technologies was finished in the 4th quarter of the year. Last webinars were dedicated to:
For all questions on operation of the QUIK complex please call the QUIK support service: +7-383-2191606, email@example.com.
Print versionPrint version
Back to list