QUIK digest for the third quarter of 2018
Dear users of software products from ARQA Technologies, we would like to offer to your attention the digest of most notable changes introduced in QUIK products and events that took place in the third quarter of 2018.
New versions of software
For the full list of changes in QUIK software products, see the News at the company’s website.
The new Moscow Exchange Clearing System of FX Market Program Interface was developed to support separation of the FX Market trading system by Moscow Exchange into trading and clearing parts.
The interface is to be used in conjunction with Moscow Exchange FX Market trading interface (starting with version 12.1.2) and serves for connecting QUIK server to the Market clearing system.
Support of changes in the Moscow Exchange FX Market trading system (ASTS):
- a new trading mode ‘SPEC’ ‘MOEX Currency: Metals: Delivery for derivative contracts’ which executes delivery for precious metals by GLDRUB_TOM instrument (technical delivery trades within previously executed trades),
- new currency pairs: GBP/USD, EUR/USD, KZT/RUB, TRY/RUB.
Support of changes in the Moscow Exchange Derivative market trading system (SPECTRA):
- handling orders displaying duration for instruments of the FUTSPREAD class,
- using of boxes with higher dimension value for a number extensive quantitative parameters.
The interface supported transmission of aggregated indicative quotes for Eurobonds from Bloomberg Generic prices.
Changes in functionality of client connection and authentication:
- automatic shift of communication to an encrypted http-protocol when user connects over an unprotected http-protocol,
- support of two-factor authentication over the RADIUS protocol,
- troubleshooting — connection of user without rights to ‘User desktop API’ and/or ‘РМ PocketQUIK’ brings up the message: ‘Connection via this type of terminal is prohibited for your account. Contact your broker’.
The principal new features:
- OMS-orders with correspondent parameters may be grouped for execution and booking and set an execution price when such aggregated orders go on exchange,
- when an OMS-order is executed with an external algo, the Trader may turn off the mode ‘Tradebook only’ and work directly with client codes,
- automated completion of OMS-orders may be set individually per client and activated at the moment of cross rate change,
- manual allocation of trade bookings is available for the broker’s part of the trade (Block Trade) and for affiliated clients.
Additional functionality for processing conversion transactions with the module FX Convertor:
- OMS-order execution on exchange allows setting a cross rate between the exchange price of instrument and its settlement price,
- the trade report for the OMS-order transmits the price, volume and currency of trade from that conversion transaction and the cross rate from the original exchange trade.
- restoring client restrictions preset on QUIK server after resumption of the client’s trading access,
- alerts by e-mail about operations banned or allowed for execution.
Improved algorithms for price and volume transformation of FX instruments:
- the EES2 algorithm acquired an option to create a ‘reverse’ currency pair and calculate quotes for it,
- the EESFX algorithm supports arbitrage operations for ‘decimal’ currency pairs.
The functionality for position coverage acquired new options:
- setting the number of lots accumulated before forwarding instrument order on exchange (to reduce the number of orders to the trading system),
- cancellation of accumulated balance for coverage (for users with manager rights).
- new ‘Official current price’ parameter in the Quotes table for Level1 and Level2 data received via Market Data FIX-messages,
- automated control of possible changes in ISIN instrument codes and compilation of execution reports with actual values of ISIN-codes.
FIX adapter and FIX drop copy interfaces support regular expressions in the functionality represented as an XML-scheme to allow setting more complex conditions for checking FIX-tag values and creating more flexible replacement/compilation logic.
- redesign of application,
- full compatibility with iPad,
- new options of authorization — TouchID and FaceID, two-factor authorization RADIUS,
- improved chart building ergonomics — chart and scale overlap saves up to 30% of screen space,
- use of drop-down list in the ‘Portfolio’ tab with parameters selected by the user,
- possibility to reverse quotes display (change the sides of bid/offer),
- selection by users of own names for client codes,
- a number of ergonomic changes in alert and order services.
Exclusion of broker commissions for all limits when calculating a trading system commission. A broker commission will be checked and written off from the client balance only for those limits where trade volumes are written off or credited.
When placing or replacing orders that end up as cross trades, it is possible to change not only client codes but also trading accounts.
The limit calculation library acquired an option to activate additional settings in commission templates: ‘Commission currency’, ‘Prohibit operations in case of funds shortage’, ‘Allow position closing’.
Other webinars of ‘QUIK from developer’ series took place in the third quarter, with information delivered on orders and trades in QUIK, charting trades, working with the Level2Quotes table, review of cash and instrument positions, client portfolio, stop-order opportunities and their execution:
For all questions on operation of the QUIK complex please call the QUIK support service:
Back to list