backQORT allows for online calculation, monitoring and control of positions for all trade and non-trade operations with financial instruments of a company or bank and their clients.
The trade data is delivered from front-office systems (mostly QUIK). The trade data may also be delivered directly from QUIK OMS. Trades may be entered manually. They may also be backdated. Trades referring to future dates are not processed or included in statements and performance results until the date of trade becomes operational. When a past period trade is entered, the position is recalculated automatically for every successive date.
Types of Instruments and Transactions
The system accounts exchange and OTC transactions on spot and derivatives markets in Russia and abroad, allows for monitoring of trade stages and supports all trading modes.
Types of trade operations accounted in the system
- exchange and OTC transactions with securities in Russian and foreign markets,
- exchange and OTC transactions to purchase/sell securities, including FX operations in Russian and foreign markets,
- OTC transactions to place (elicit) funds in Russian markets,
- exchange and OTC transactions with derivative financial instruments (futures, options) in Russian and foreign markets,
- forward operations with T+3 settlements (in the Russian market).
The system supports operations with the following types of assets
- ordinary and preferred shares,
- bonds (corporate bonds, bonds of the federal subjects of the RF, municipal bonds, bonds of the Bank of Russia, federal loan bonds, state treasury bonds, sovereign bonds, RF eurobonds, corporate eurobonds, credit notes),
- depositary receipts (ADR and GDR),
- promissory notes and investment shares,
- currency (RF roubles, foreign currency),
- derivative financial instruments (currency and interest swap, futures, options),
- mortgage participation certificate.
Positions in backQORT are managed taking into account the following aspects
- assets (money, securities),
- owners (sub-accounts),
- storage location (for personal accounts),
- settlement dates.
Positions are managed using the following indicators
- current and planned amounts of balance,
- cost of opening a position,
- liabilities on REPO transactions and forwards.