QUIK digest for the second quarter of 2023
Dear users of ARQA Technologies software products, we would like to offer to your attention the digest of the main changes in QUIK products made in the second quarter of 2023.
Two new videos about the functionality of mobile terminals iQUIK X и QUIK Android X are published in the video library of ARQA Technologies:
- ‘Calculation of the maximum order volume. Memory of tabs with information on the instrument, version 4.5’
- ‘The switch to the landscape mode, new in search of instruments and description of orders and trades, version 4.6’
The new interface provides access to trading in securities listed on exchanges such as NYSE, NASDAQ, and HKEX, by means of connection to the trading system gateway of the MTF International Trading System (ITS).
The new interface allows trading in shares and bonds on the Saint-Petersburg Currency Exchange (SPCEX).
New Versions of Software
For the full list of changes in QUIK software products, see the News on the company’s website.
The interface supports innovations of the Moscow Exchange Securities market system, dated June 05, 2023, including execution of REPO trades in ‘CNY REPO with CB: Auction’ and ‘REPO with CB: floating rate’ modes.
The interface supports innovations of the Derivatives market trading system (SPECTRA 7.12), including the work with European premium cash-settled currency options.
The module supports viewing and editing of directories via the interface in QUIK Administrator, which allows:
- The released version enables migration of the module data from MSSQL DBMS to PostgreSQL DBMS.
– administering the module via the Internet without direct access to its database,
– restricting access to module directories for specific users with separate rights to read or record.
The interfaces have the following improvements:
- Execution Report messages have an extended format for derivatives transactions to provide information on a number of units of the underlying asset in one contract,
- Security Definition messages have an extended format to provide information on parameters: ‘Price type’, ‘Base currency’, ‘Quoted currency’,
- to diagnose on the FIX client’s side the status of the FIX interface connection to the QUIK server, it has become possible to configure connection binding (the interface can block attempts to start a session, if the connection to the QUIK server is not established/lost, and send to the client a message with the reason for the break in session),
- the interfaces allow setting the “*” mask for all classes available for transactions, received by the FIX interface by permissions.
In addition, during registration of NDM orders in FIX adapter, it has become possible to specify values of ‘Settlement currency’ and ‘Compensation’ parameters.
In FIX drop copy, for multi-day orders, an option was added to save UID and other non-restorable parameters in the history storage.
Additionally in FIX Client Connector:
- one Security Definition message is used, when receiving data on all instruments,
- Execution Reports on full or partial execution are extended with ‘Cross rate’ and ‘Cross rate side’ parameters,
- an initial snapshot can be sent in the incremental market data subscription (Market Data Incremental Refresh),
- it has become possible to register negotiated orders by volume (‘Enter negotiated deal order by value’ transaction), available in PSAU/PSSU classes on the Moscow Exchange Securities market,
- there is a new mode of multi-leg execution reporting. If the mode is activated, the Execution Report message contains all parameters of a parent trade while data on trades’ near and far ‘legs’ is transmitted within the ‘LegExecGrp’ group,
- upon the next Security Definition Request, ‘Instrument short name’, ‘Instrument full name’, and ‘Registration number’ parameters are updated for instruments with values which can be changed within the trading session,
- there is an option to subscribe to certain position types.
- The module allows scheduling a start of OTC reporting.
- It has become possible to group instruments with integer and fractional quantities in one EES class.
- For the Module market instruments, the Quotes table of the QUIK workstation transmits price ranges from the exchange source instrument.
- The module allows limiting depths of Level II quotes by SOR instruments.
- When requesting quotes, it has become possible to specify the lifetime of the request and transmit a price range for SOR instruments (‘Highest tolerable price’ and ‘Lowest tolerable price’ parameters).
- This module version works with PostgreSQL DBMS.
- There is an option to set schedules filtered by instruments within one class.
- For orders in ‘Auction: REPO with a fixed rate’ and ‘Trading in REPO by a fixed rate’ modes, the ‘Fixation date of order’ field was added in the ‘Orders’ table.
- To identify transactions forwarded from external sources, the system supports the ‘ExtRef’ field in which an external user code can be transmitted.
The module works with DBMS PostgreSQL.
- It has become possible to use modeless entry forms for orders and negotiated orders, which allows simultaneous opening of several entry forms and moving them outside the main program window.
- The order entry form window is not closed, if an error was received as a result of transaction processing. This allows, if required, correcting the transaction parameters and send it again.
- This terminal version automatically substitutes a trading account to the order entry form with account of the ‘Trading accounts allows as per securities’ setting at the QUIK server.
- It has become possible to use the linked windows mode for tables and windows placed outside the main program window.
- Shares options can be added in the ‘Options board’ table which is now available for export via ODBC.
- The ‘Trades’ table displays new types of trades on the Moscow Exchange Derivatives market.
- In the table editing window, buttons were added to quickly move selected parameters to the top and the end of the list.
- The ‘Complex product’ parameter was added to the window of the instrument search results.
- The changes in the Limit calculation library (LCL) functionality are as follows:
– the ‘MD+’ lending scheme has an option to keep cash and instruments positions filtered by calendar settlement dates,
– it has become possible to activate the ‘Prohibit operations in money limit absence’ setting in individual settings for client codes and in the ‘By leverage’ template,
– it is possible to set a commission for voice instructions by classes and groups of instruments (commission types: volume percentage, amount per instruction, and the maximum between them).
These are improvements in the QUIK Administrator user rights’ editor:
– it has new ‘Calendars’ and ‘Class groups’ dictionaries (to set a schedule of trading and non-trading days for different instruments and currencies in the scheme for positions keeping in calendar days),
– the editor acquired expanded options to export the ‘Users’ dictionary to a file.
- If PostgreSQL is used as DBMS, it is possible to set SSL encoding.
For all questions on operation of QUIK software, please contact QUIK Technical Support Team: +7-383-2191606, email@example.com.
Print versionDownload PDF
Back to list