External reports request module
The External reports request module allows invoking external procedures of report generation from the backQORT terminal and importing a generated report to the system.
- Request of external reports from the backQORT terminal menu
- A possibility to use both backQORT and external system data
- Arbitrary report forms
- A possibility to simultaneously generate several reports from either one or different terminals
To generate an external report, parameters are initially set in the external report template file (*.xml), with specifying the report name and its key parameters. When the report is called with the corresponding menu item, a user is prompted to specify parameter values (to specify manually or choose from dropdown lists), following which the system activates an external application for its generation. It is possible to adjust dropdown lists and use data types unavailable in backQORT as parameters.
The module allows importing reports in two ways:
- In xml files (in this case reports are available as a backQORT terminal table)
- In files opened by Windows applications (MS Word, MS Excel, etc.)